Now you are no longer required to dress up daily and go office for work. There are many services that you can do by sitting at home. One among them is Virtual Assistant. The only thing you require is an internet connection & laptop.
Technological advancements have brought a lot of opportunities for us. With the help of this, you can simply make money by sitting at your home.
So in this article, we are going to give some brief details about the role and platforms where you can apply for the position.
What is Virtual Assistant?
Virtual Assistants are the individual serviceman who provides service like support executive, email manager, or administrative supports. Even this is one of the simplest jobs you can do by sitting at your home.
It does not create any hectic for you. These are some of the common responsibilities you as a VA are required to perform:
- Managing emails, scheduling meetings, making calls, making bookings and etc.
- Some VA’s are required to do works like copywriting, graphic designing, bookkeeping, social bookmarking, and many more.
Instead of this there are many more task which can be done by virtual assistants.
Why Do People Hire Virtual Assistants?
Virtual assistance helps grow many businesses. Businesses hire virtual assistance because they help them make their work easy. VAs work remotely which also reduces the burden from the management to manage more people.
Such hirings are more done in newly operated business, where a company needs people but are not in a position to hire a full-time employee. This helps make small companies a good profit as they do not have to pay any rent for an office or so.
Another reason for hiring a virtual assistant is that the business owner might do not know something and want to perform that function. In such cases, they hire virtual assistants who are good at it and carry out their activities from there.
20 Best Online Jobs to Make Money Online in 2021
How to become a Virtual Assistant?
Few are the simple steps which you have to follow to become VA:
- Identify the services you want to offer
- Specify your rates and pricing structure
- Establish an online presence
- Write down your skills in a presentable manner
- Keep your profile updated
Where to find work?
Once you have done creating your social profile, resume you can now apply to VA jobs using these platforms:
- Upwork: Most freelancers start working as freelancers using Upwork. You will get a good amount of living by doing so. The jobs offered on Upwork asks for potential candidate. One with good knowledge of the respective field can earn a good sum of money using that.
- SimplyHired: SimplyHired is also a similar kind of job portal which offers you a job in your field of interest. Just simply search Virtual Assistant in the search section and you will get the list of the jobs available at the moment.
- TaskRabbit: Taskrabbit is a platform that acts as a mediator between freelancers and local businesses. It helps matches freelancer with local demand. This contains jobs mostly for people having designing or administrative background.
- Craigslist: This is another platform which offers you different kind of jobs but Craigslist provides option mostly from US only. This means it does not show you the employers outside the US. Your search will remain confined to the US only.
- Remote.co: Remote.co is a platform that combines companies, employers, jobs, jobs-seeker from every place of the world.
Which are the common profiles available for Virtual Assistants?
Some of the profiles which hire VA’s are:
- Data Entry
- Email outreach
- Social Media Management
- Digital Marketing
- Website Management
- Customer Support
- Blog Editing
These are some of the common profiles which look for VAs. This does not mean that there does not exist any other option. You can choose the profile as per your requirement.
What are the skills required to be a Virtual Assistant?
These are few skills which businesses or employers look for while hiring virtual assistants:
- Administrative Skills. These skills include customer service, task management, data entry, or more.
- Technical Skills. This includes website management, social media optimization, process management, or more.
- Creative Skills: This has graphic designing, copywriting & content writing.
How much a Virtual Assistant can make per month?
The pay rate of the virtual assistant is based on their profile, skill set, experience, mode of employment, and more. But this can somewhere revolve around $20,000-$65,000 a year.
Virtual Assistant Salaries
- Median Annual Salary: ~$39,000 per year ($19/hour)
- Top 10% Annual Salary: ~$64,000 per year ($30/hour)
- Bottom 10% Annual Salary: ~$25,000 per year ($12/hour)
If you are looking for work and that too from home then this is probably the best thing you can apply for. This kind of work is most suited for students who want to do part-time jobs or housemaker females who want to earn by sitting at home.
Also, VAs help businesses to perform every action on time without the hectic of being managing more and more people. If you have good command on the computer then this is the path you can choose.
Now we have already mentioned the names of few renowned platforms which offer jobs in such profile, hence sign up & start looking for the work you want to opt for.