Zerodha offers trading and Demat account facilities to its customers. The trading account is used to undertake and execute the trading. Like buying and selling of stock. Whereas, the Demat account is used to retain the stocks and scrips with the investor.
Documents required to open an account
Here are the documents required to open a Demat and trading account at Zerodha. I will recommend keeping soft copies of all these documents ready before you apply for opening the accounts as you’ve to upload them during the account opening process:
- PAN CARD
- Aadhar Card
- Canceled cheque/ Bank statement
- Your Signature on a piece of paper
- Passport size photos
Account opening charges
Here are the account opening charges at Zerodha
- Demat and Trading Account: Rs 200
- Commodity Account: Rs 100
How To Open Zerodha Demat Account
Steps to open an online account with Zerodha
- Register your mobile number on their website. The mobile number should be registered with your Aadhar number (mandatory requirement).
- Please be informed that you should register your mobile number with your Aadhar number (mandatory requirement). After entering your mobile number, you need to validate OTP.
- Enter your email Id and click on Forgot Password.
- You are going to receive an email on your registered email id to reset your password.
- After login, Provide your PAN number and Date of Birth to start the application.
- After entering the vital details, now, you have to do payment for the online account opening with Zerodha. Pay here for Equity and/or commodity account, you can select either the accounts or just one account. The rates are as below:
- Rs 200 for Equity
- Rs 100 for Commodity
- As you have completed your payment, then you will be asked to link your Aadhar Card with Digilocker. It requires the link to Digilocker to ensure the authenticity of your Aadhar Card.
- After entering the Aadhar number, the CDSL window will open for online verification. You can receive OTP on mobile or email id.
- After Aadhar verification– validate personal information and update the below information: Marital Status, Father’s Name, Mother’s name.
- In the next step, provide your bank information – This information is available on your personal cheque. Provide your financial information in this step.
- The next step that comes in this is IPV Verification.
- eSign process need OTP verification – Aadhar number with registered phone number
- Demat Power of Attorney(POA) – This is a mandatory requirement from SEBI where POA needs to be download, print, physical sign and courier to Zerodha office.
- Final status update – You will get this window for the successful online submission of your application.
Zerodha Demat Account Login
Zerodha is known to be a pioneer in discount broking business in India. Looking into its massive success, many full-service brokers are also changing their business models and providing low brokerage.
It is one of the fastest-growing brands in the stockbroking sector & they are giving massive competition to other broking houses.
Zerodha Demat Account App Login
Zerodha Kite App is one of the best mobile trading apps in the country. It provides multiple features like Buy, Sells, Short Sell, Stop Loss, Trigger & many advanced features like Watchlist, Graphical Analysis of each stock, Portfolio & more.
Here we will go through Zerodha Kite Login Process now –
- Open a Demat Account with Zerodha, then you will receive your client id & password
- Download the Zerodha Kite App from Play Store or App Store, as per your mobile OS
- Launch the App & input your details like your client id & password
- You have to generate a 2FA password as well, generate the same & use it for login
Zerodha Demat Account Web Login
Zerodha Website login or Kite Web Login is as easy as the Zerodha App login. Here the process is even simple as you don’t have to download any App into your phone. Let’s check the process here.
- Very 1st step is to open a Demat Account with Zerodha
- You will receive your client id & password
- Use the client Id & password to login
- Also, generate a 2FA password or if you already have one, you can use the same to login
Zerodha Backoffice Login
Zerodha Login or Zerodha Backoffice Login process is very simple. Here is a simple process.
- Having a Demat Account is a must for Zerodha Console Login
- You can use the client Id & password to login to Zerodha Console
- You can go to this link & login to console with ease via client id, password & 2FA password
Zerodha Brokerage Charges
Zerodha offers trading services to buy & sell stocks, futures & options. Zerodha’s has built its own trading application named ‘Kite’ and back-office software named ‘Console’.
All trading software applications including trading terminal, website and mobile trading (android / iOS) are made available to its customers for free of charge.
Zerodha Trades In: SEBI, BSE, NSE, MCX
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Delivery||₹0 (Free Unlimited Equity Delivery Trades)|
|Equity Intraday||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Equity Future||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower (on Turnover)|
|Currency Futures||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Currency Options||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Commodity||0.01% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower|
Zerodha Charge / Fee Structure:
- Securities Transaction Tax (STT): It charges this only on the sell side for intraday and F&O trades. It is charged on both sides for Delivery trades in Equity.
- Stamp Duty for all states in India and NRI’s: Charged based on the state where the customer lives. Visit the Zerodha website to check the stamp duty in your state.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): This is charged at 18% of the total cost of brokerage plus transaction charges.
SEBI Charges: This is charged at ₹10 per Crore.
|Most popular Broker – Zerodha is No. 1 broker in terms of the number of active clients and daily trading volume.|
|Self-Clearing Broker – Zerodha is a self-clearing broker. They don’t charge clearing charges from customers.|
|No Hidden Charges – Zerodha does not charge any hidden fees i.e. Software uses charges.|
|No Minimum Balance – required to open a Zerodha trading account.|
|The best trading platforms & tools in the industry – Kite, Console, Coin, Varsity, Sentinel, Smallcase, Streak, Sensibull and GoldenPi|
|GTC/GTD orders not available|
|For Bank Nifty (weekly settlement), CO/BO or trailing stop loss is not available.|
|Margin Against Shares is not available in equity cash segment.|
This article has given you detailed information about Zerodha Account Login. With the help of this article, you can access Zerodha Login Page for multiple platforms like app, website, back-office & more.